A place to breathe

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The worst cough

I can't remember the worst cough that I've ever had in my entire life. To be honest, I rarely have bad cough. But it's really weird. I've been coughing for about a week now and there's no sign of getting better. I hope this is not the direct result of consuming too much Durian a few weeks ago. I'm trying to convince myself that that's Durian is not the reason. (could it be?)

I went to a clinic last weekend and the doctor told me that I'm getting a fever, allergic and so on (although I don't feel like I'm having fever). I'm kind of having a fever, if my cough gets really bad.

Now, all the medication finished. The doctor said that if it's not improving, I should do X-Ray. The problem is, I'm not really a big fan of fancy medication, so for now, I'm resorting to some more traditional approach.

I asked someone what's the best "ubat batuk", so the suggestion is "Ubat Batuk Cap Ibu Dan Anak". I haven't really tried it, but I think I'm about to. For now, what I'm doing is try to get a lot more fresh air, get home early from work, and try not to eat and drink some fried stuff.
Basically, I can't even eat roti canai, or even drinking Milo. It's a really hard diet because I'm used to consume those things almost everyday.

I'm now consuming a type of "asam" called "asam boy". It's an orange color, and you can find it in some "asam" stores near your place. I live in Penang, so these kind of thing is easy to get.

The worst is when at night. When I cough, it gets really bad I feel like jumping out of the window. Same thing when I'm working. I can't focus when it gets worse. That's when I feel like I want to be healthy.

I now realized that the word: "health is wealth" is real, after all.

No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.