A place to breathe

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Work, Relax, Farming

This year was different from last year. Last year, I've spent half of 2007 (yes, almost full time) to organize Discover. That was equal to about 7 months of labor of love, with much of the spending come out of my savings. Some of the expenses, I forgot to claim, or, I lost the receipts (that was my mistake, rather).

Anyway, this year, I've decided to work, and work very hard (I'm not a smart person, so I don't really work smart. The only time I work smart is, when I can write a script that can automate some mundane tasks before throwing away the script). I came to work on weekends too. There are times when I just work and work, although, I don't really need to do as much work. But I like the job that I have right now. I'm always fascinated by it, and I just keep working.

I don't know when I want to relax a little bit, but I think it's too premature to even think about relax from work. I'm a restless person, so I tend to work until I get tired. If I don't work at office, I'll work at home.

The only time I don't work, is when I watch movies, and do some farming and planting work, on the weekends. I love farming. That's the first thing I enjoy since I was a kid (I have no PC when I was growing up as a kid, so farming is the best thing). The best time is when you see the seeds that you plant actually respond to the nature and growing up. It's like watching a little baby growing. The next best thing is to see when the fruits or flowers come out of it. I have a joy of my life watching them.

Farming comes first in my hobby list. The only problem now is that, I have no land to farm here in Penang. That's when I missed home. Farming with my dad is the best thing ever happen to me every month.

No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.