A place to breathe

Monday, May 12, 2008

Durian Season is here

So I was having the most intense "Durian Eating" last weekend with some friends of mine.
The story goes when we went hiking and we were talking about everything, from nature, politics, to food.

And suddenly, we kind of jump off and say, "Hey, let's go eat Durian", when we were having breakfast. I thought they were joking. One of us called up a friend who happens to have a Durian Farm. He mentioned that the best Durian is Malaysian Durians (of course -lah, what else, right?). And the best Durians are the ones from Balik Pulau, Penang.

But, bad news. Balik Pulau doesn't have much Durian. We thought we can go somewhere else and grab some durians anywhere anyway, so we're all set to meet up again at 3pm.

Plan changed - we'll go to Seberang because one of the new YB was opening their service center, and so they have some free Durians there. Without further thinking, we changed our gear and went across the celebrated Penang Bridge to go eat Free Durians.

Again, bad news. We were a little bit too late because we lost our way (although they all blamed me because I was about 10 minutes late to arrive to meet before leaving, thanks to Bukit Jambul hiking overdose). The Durian are almost gone - and I'm fortunate to have a slice of Durian. (but it was breathtaking if you think about it).

We then was having a talk with the guy who furiously helping out to open the Durian for everyone. It turns out that they bought all the Durians from him, so he ask us to go to his place called "Junjong" (Don't ask me where is it, I think it's close to Kulim because they have a Kulim signboard there).

OK, finally, the moment of truth. We sit down, talk a little bit and that's it. They opened the Durians and we weren't thinking about anything anymore. I think this is the first time I eat Durian this much since I came back from US (Counting my years in the US, that was about 7 years ago). How delighted am I, I couldn't expressed it with my words.

All I say is that, get a taste of Durian before it's too late. Don't forget to eat the Manggis too after you ate a lot of them. You might get high if you loose control.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yo bro, durian kampung or durian siam there ? in klang valley i think it's all siam .. hehe

Ashley said...

Durian season now? Ku pun mahu durian ni... Dah lama tak makan.

Unknown said...

Haha,

Apai, no durian Siam here. They're all made in Malaysia ;).

Wun Min, better come back before it's too late, hehe.

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.