A place to breathe

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Last weekend craze

I'm absolutely tired today. Because last weekend, I was helping out for USA for Students event.

It turned out that I was in charge of lunch distribution, and I thought this was easy stuff. However, there were some miscommunication and the lunch came late.

I spent most of my time apologizing to the volunteers while carrying bags and bags of burgers and fries up and down of the building. I hope the volunteers are not pissed off too much.

After that, I went down to KLCC and went sipping a cup of Starbucks latte with an Indonesian friend I knew from USC time (btw, don't drink Starbucks too much at the time of inflation). He is doing some research in KL and will be working in LA soon. He's a cool dude.

Right after that, I took LRT and met a buddy of mine who lived down at around Kerinchi area and we spent some time discussing about data structure design, coding , etc. He's a really good programmer and I learn a lot from him.

Early morning, I left his place and took a bus to go back Penang. I bought Butterworth ticket because no ticket for Penang (well, they have executive, but I'm not paying for that). I took ferry down to Jetty, and took a bus back. (At this time around, let's try to use public transport more)

Yesterday, I also volunteered in some event here in Penang. So finished about 8pm or so. The event went well, and as usual, you don't get paid to volunteer, but satisfaction. I'm quite satisfied and after spacing out for about an hour or so, I slept.

I think I need to cut down my volunteer work and spend more time with family.

In fact, I'm going home next weekend. I can't wait for that.

No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.