A place to breathe

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yasmin Ahmad

Yasmin Ahmad passed away yesterday evening. It's a great loss to the country's film industry. She's a very talented filmmaker, nobody denies that.

Her film "Sepet" got her all kind of attention. This is where she explored the interracial relations in this country. I like the plot.

My only critic about Yasmin Ahmad's work is, it's becoming too typical that this theme is coming over and over. Looks like trying too hard on it. But then, it could just be her signature, very much like Micheal Bay is an expert in action movie with car-chasing.

I read somewhere on the Net that her works are very much influenced hy the Japanese films. In fact, it's more than that. It's Charlie Chaplin.

Her idea about the world is just like Chaplin - that tragic moment is also comical. Watch her short film here. you'll get the idea.

Today, we lost her.

Al-Fatihah.

No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.