A place to breathe

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Surviving 2018

Hola

Welcome to 2018. Many things happening and I don't even have time to type !. Well, majority of the things are just learning. Many tech, and also non-tech.

One of the major decisions that  I have to make is to switch to Android from iPhone. This is a huge decision, but actually an easy one.

First of all, my beloved iPhone is still iPhone 4S. That's right my friend. The best phone ever. And the main issue is it keep dropping calls. Well after few years (about 5 years) using, I guess it's time.

Second, to purchase another iPhone is just too expensive. I was thinking of buying iPhone X but I figured that the price tag is just too much. So I decided to purchase a Samsung J+, which sadly, I misplaced it after a few days of purchase. Anyways, I'm still searching for it and hopefully will find it somewhere.

Another new cool discovery after Python is Phaser - a new game engine developed by Photon Storm. I mean, I manage to compile and got into my Phone with ease. The good news is it's running Javascript ! So I don't have to learn new things. Writing game in C++ is just too much. I mean, I'm not going to release a Quake here!

A sad new thing about gadgets is actually there's not much of a new thing. I remember when iPhone was released and we just can't wait for an SDK. Those days.. good times.

I'm toying of an idea of creating my own phone. But naaah.. too much effort for this. Too many phones that are good in the market anyway. Samsung,Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi ... just choose.

But I think Javascript and Python has got some synergy there for many applications including app on the phones.. it's just that no one really package it in a nice way that they could work together seamlessly.

We'll see. Anyone got free time ? ;)




No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.