A place to breathe

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Discourse on Docker

The Discourse team is solving the Rails complicated installation using Docker install. But docker itself is not easy to work with ! (at least for now).

I've spend around 3 hours fiddling with Docker to get the right installation ready. I spent another 2 hours demistify SMTP relay in Discourse. Fortunately i manage to sort out the email sending and my install works like breeze.

Part of the reason why is that docker daemon doesn't seem to be stable. And if you pull non-standard docker library, it may not work.

But honestly, i would rather work with docker than messing up my vps install. Kudos to Discourse team!

Now I'm having a blast. 

No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.