A place to breathe

Monday, January 4, 2016

How to install PHP packages with broken dependencies

Cent OS 6 is stable. Most of the people are familiar with it. So I decided to use the Cent OS 6 instead of Cent OS 7. I'm an middle-age ( i mean, mid 30s) software engineer. I don't want too much risk.

Assuming you've upgraded your repositories to Remi. For example, I want to install a PHP PostgreSQL.

sudo yum install php-pgsql 
 
If you get the following error:

Requires: php-common(x86-64) = 5.4.45-2.el6.remi
           Installed: php-common-5.5.30-1.el6.remi.x86_64 (@remi-php55)



You need to issue the following instead:

sudo yum --enablerepo=remi-php55 install php-pgsql 


No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.