A place to breathe

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Why entrepreneurship ?

There is few motivation to start your own company. Most people are motivated by money. Actually, when I started Nusantara Software, I also thought a little bit about money. But my thinking is that, the money can be used to create more tools and technologies so that we can make other people life easier, and have more fun.

So, the "money" part is just a tool for you to sustain the stuff you're working on. Actually,  entrepreneurship need not be thought, although i think there's no harm in trying to teach it to students.  Entrepreneurship is more like starting something out yourself, and persistently believe that what you're doing is good yourself, and good for the people.

We started our game called "Capflick" out of our desire to trying out iPhone app coolness. We then work on "Sweets Rain", and then, we got a job to release "Ninja vs UFO", and then, on and on.

It started with a simple idea of having fun, and now, we have work to do, and we meet cool friends.

So, while money is one of the motivating factor out of starting up a company, it's not really the main thing.

The X-factor of starting out the company, I think, is the thrill to try something new, something outside of your life routine, and your day job scope. Something fun.

Some people took a big chance by quitting the company and etc, but I really don't think it's necessary. I prefer to start small, make friends, make profits, and have fun along the way.

That's why I'm in this entrepreneurship work.

No comments:

About Me

I'm currently a software engineer. My specific interest is games and networking. I'm running software company called Nusantara Software.